Friday, October 06, 2006

Screw hematology

I have my hematology final on Monday. And THANK THE LORD because then my misery will end (or at least lessen). I think I actually would enjoy hematology if I didn't have to learn all of it in a month. Three four-hour sessions a week is just plain too much in too little time. Twelve hours per week in a 3 credit class. I have spent so much time on hematology that just looking at my binder triggers my gag reflex.

I was thinking last night as I was studying for my weekly Friday quiz how much I hated my life. Now, a person should only hate their life one night in a row. Which means, despite the fact that I have a final on Monday, that I am going to spend my Friday night like an undergrad. Hallelujah.

However, I still have to study until dinner.

My advice to all of you contemplating med school-- Think hard about it. Really hard.

No positive twist at the end today. I don't have the energy for positivity. Just pass me a beer. (No wonder a large percentage of physicians are also substance abusers. We are driven to it by our education. Don't you think that says something about the system??)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Law school does the same thing to lawyers - I am destined to be a self-loathing alcoholic.

Unknown said...

Hey now, I think you're amazing! Doesn't that count for something?! Don't hate life. It's changing all the time. love you! --Jules

Unknown said...

I still check your blog everyday. Actually, it's more like 2-3 times a day...just in case.