Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Looking Forward

I took my pharmacology test yesterday, and I have a little room to breathe this week. I actually just got back from the grocery store, so I no longer have to subsist on peanut butter sandwiches (made with my roommates' peanut butter) and pickles. (Thought question-- creamy or chunky? Don't answer too quickly, both have merits. Overall though, chunky gets my vote. . . gotta have the crunch.)

I'm in my living room telling myself that I need to start doing my reading at 6pm (It's 5:52) while listening to an mix of Norah Jones and The Fray (a CD my old roommate left in the player). I think the combination of romantic jazz piano and Isaac Slade's attempts at soulfulness are making me pensive. Yesterday, a friend and I were talking about where we would be and what we would do if we could be anywhere, doing anything. I said I would return to Sydney, drink coffee early in the morning as the sun rose over the harbor while editing the latest of my popular scientific/medical articles to be published in Scientific American. The thing is, I don't really want to do that right now. I want to be a doctor. . . But I still could someday. It isn't a dream that far out of reach-- which is encouraging. The first truly encouraging thought I've had for awhile. So look for me in Australia in 20 years.



Damn. 6:02pm. Time to work.

No comments: